Thursday, April 30, 2015

Happy Draft Day



Happy Draft Day Y'all!   


Draft day replaced my Christmas excitement probably by the age of 14. It is an awesome day for sports nerds everywhere. Hours and hours of hype and names being called gets my motor running like no other. I woke up this morning and ran downstairs with my dog to double check the calendar to make sure it was in fact draft day. Lots of clapping and jumping ensued.

Marriota and Winston not being there is both smart & dumb. It will be the first smart thing that Winston has done in a long time(Def not his call BTW). He would undoubtedly do or say something really dumb and immature. Great call by his agent and PR team of locking him in a room until his contract if finalized. Marriota not being there is GIANT red flag. Name one shy and soft spoken superstar quarterback. You can't. (Andrew Luck is just a nerd but he is cocky in his own structural engineering way)


Official QB Predictions:


Winston is Rothlesberger 2.0. He has a money arm and the kid can play QB. He will undoubtedly get in trouble off the field because he is as mature as I was in middle school.

Marriota will have a real tough time with the transition to the NFL. He must be PRAYING that the Eagles land him because I can't see him being successful under center anytime soon in the league. If he doesn't end up in Chip Kellys spread fast offense he will end up being a poor mans Kapernick.


Location:


Chicago is an AWESOME city and the people their are great people. But, I'm nervous because I am so used to Radio City Music Hall in New York City. The creatures that were produced in the upper deck there of Jets and Giants fans was a good percent of my enjoyment of draft night. Nothing made me laugh harder than the New York guy in full uniform celebrating another terrible pick by the Jets. If Goodell knows anything about running a business he will fly in a bunch of those mouth breathers from NYC and plant them right in front of cameras.

Without further adieu...






Picking a fullback in round 1 is unearthly retarded and thats why I sneaky love the Jets.


P.S.  I have a eerie suspicion that me forcing my wife to watch the movie Draft Day with me last night will be used against me in divorce court someday. Nail in the coffin of the divorce settlement.


P.P.S.  I also believe the fact that I have seen that movie multiple times will also be used as my insanity plea. TERRIBLE movie. Jennifer Garner could not be a worse actress. They need to remake this movie ASAP bc of losers like me.




DVR ALERT !!!

Kevin and I will be back with an attempt to live stream our coverage of the draft. Zero confidence that the live stream will work or where exactly you can see it either. Probably will be available on Youtube later tonight for everyone dying for a replay of our draft coverage. We will attempt to take live questions via twitter. @markdoherty7 #SoCalSoftServeSports 

I am more of a Mcshay(Boston)/Kiper(Hair) hybrid while Kevin is definitely the Jaworski of the crew. Dude eats game film.




No comments:

Post a Comment